Thursday, October 2, 2008

Gratitude


A great amount of gratitude is due to the President and his staff over this economic bailout plan submitted to Congress. Gratitude is also due to Congress for following the President's lead and considering the bailout. (As of this writing the Senate has passed the bill, it will, apparently, go to the House this Friday.) This recognition is not because I agree with the bailout; the bailout was a rotten idea from the start. No, I do not want the bailout. The thanks are due for pulling me out of my inertia. I will no longer sit around watching the news, watching Congress plunder the taxpayers, watching them employ scare tactics to justify a bad solution to a mess they are responsible for in the first place.

What will I do? Right now my plans are to continue studying, begin writing (ergo this blog), and use whatever influence I can build to make sure Congress never tries anything this absurd and asinine again.

When I first heard of the President's $700 billion request I was dumbstruck. Something so audacious and bold almost needs to be applauded. It is tantamount to an economic coup d'etat. It's a mugging on a grand scale. Even Hollywood probably hadn't imagined something as fearless as this.

So, again, thank you Mr. President. Thank you Congress.

As to this blog I will try to use it intelligently. There no plans to rant and rave, although that may happen occasionally. My hope is to find principles that are worthy of notice, and ideas that encourage thought, and then display them in such a manner that will entice readers to adopt them as their own. Subjects will be anything that interests me, but will mostly focus on politics, economics, history, and occasionally religion. Comments, suggestions, and questions can be directed to test.veeschay@gmail.com